Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cynical

Here's a video of Brian teaching Cynical; this and the chords below are courtesy of Mary Bertke (thank you!).

Cynical
Enter the Haggis

Intro:
Em7  Em6
Em7  Em6
Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7
C wAm


        Em7
I'm an actor, a web-voyeur
       Am7
I'm a fall-down follow-through
                Em7
Trying hard to find somebody
    G
And be somebody
           Am7             C   wAm
Like we're all supposed to do
    Em7
Any day now the lights will change
          Am7
And we'll all be forced to go
                  Em
Running with our heads down
            G              wAm       C wAm
Hiding our eyes from people we don't know

 Am7             D
Maybe I'm just cynical
         Em       walk to G
I could care less than I do
        Am7                D
It's a feeling I've grown tired of
        Emsus2
Haven't you?
         Am7            D
And if I ever leave it all behind
      Em                D
Maybe you'll be leaving too
          C             G
But it's obvious you're cynical
     C                D
You don't believe in miracles

Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7
C wAm


      Em7
It's amazing colour dreams of things
      Am7
I can see in monochrome
             Em7
I can buy a prime-time body
      G
With part-time money
         Am7           C   wAm
From the comfort of my home
         Em7
We're so lazy, we're soap-box heroes
          Am7
And we've got so much to say
                Em
But if I never cast my ballot
   G                wAm   C wAm
I wash my hands and walk away

wEm
Maybe it's a dream it's a nightmare
              Am7
Figure we've fallen asleep, we've fallen asleep
          wEm
And if I close my eyes, I'm alone in the room
       Am7
Can it go any deeper, go any deeper?

 Am7            D
Maybe I'm just cynical
         Em       walk to G
I could care less than I do
        Am7                D
It's a feeling I've grown tired of
        Emsus2
Haven't you?
         Am7                 D
And when I finally leave it all behind
       Em                D
Maybe you'll be leaving too
          C             G
But it's obvious you're cynical
     C                Em
You don't believe in miracles
       Am7                D
If you can't believe your eyes
           Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
What can I do?

Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7 walk to C to lazy Am
Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7 walk to C to lazy Am

Chord Naming:
Em7 022030
Em6 022020
Em 0220000
Emsus2 099070
hEm7 055030
Am7 002010
hAm7 077050
G 320030
wAm 002030
C 032030
wEm 024030


Intro:
Em7  Em6
Em7  Em6
Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7
C wAm

Verse
Em7 Am7
Em7 G Am7 C wAm

Chorus:
Am7 D Em walk to G
Am7 D Emsus2
Am7 D Em D
[C G C D
Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7
C wAm]

Last chor end, in place of [] above:
C G C Em Am7 D
Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7 walk to C? to lazy Am
Emsus2 hEm7 Am7
Emsus2 hEm7 Emsus2 hAm7 walk to C to lazy Am

Bridge:
wEm, Am w/B or E string walk-down

 

No comments:

Post a Comment