Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Long Way Home by Enter the Haggis

I seem to remember getting these chords from Trevor, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't directly so maybe he posted them on facebook or something?  This song is most definitely not a single-guitar song, but if you happen to have friends who can chime in with piano, bagpipe, bass, electric guitar, etc, it would be amazing.

Verse:

                      A
I feel like I've wandered
                         D
For most of my years
                    A
Taken some wrong turns
           E
They all brought me here
(repeat same chords)
If the road is a body
Then a home is the soul
I think I can make it
But it's a long way to go

I've seen country and city
And I've made them both mine
Now the red lights are blurry
Between these white lines

Can't say I regret it
But it's taken its toll
I think I can make it
But it's a long way to go

chorus:
                   D
It's a long way to go
                    A
It's a long way to go
                    D
It's a long way to go
                   F#m
It's a long way
         D     A  
It's a long long way to go
        E            D             A
It's a long long long way home

verse:
Now I stand on your front porch
Staring back at the rain
Guess I should have called first
But it's just not my way
This suitcase of memories
Is all I have to show
I think I can make it
But it's a long way to go

outro:
A A  E E   D D  A E etc

No comments:

Post a Comment