Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Love of the Century as played by ETH (Elders cover)

ETH played this during one of their hotel-room concerts a few years ago, apparently based on a version they had played in Ireland at some point.  This is based on what Trevor was playing, but I'm sure it's not exact.   ETH's version of this was rather quick and in 2/4 (or 4/4), so I was rather surprised when I actually heard the original Elders version . . .

capo on the 4th fret:
verse:
                   C                 Am               F                                G
If you could only see her face one time against the green blue sea
        C                        Am      F                        G
And hear the pipes at sunset I know you would believe
         C                           Am                          F                     G
They say she launched a thousand ships and a hundred billion tears
        C                Am                 F                 G
And in this leaky boat I’ve been nye on forty years

chorus:
C                         F                      C                              Am
I’ve seen the light in her eyes and drowned in her mystery
       C             F              Am             C
And I’ve seen those who gave up the ghost
            C                G      C
For the Love of the Century

etc

No comments:

Post a Comment