Thursday, February 19, 2015

Copper Leaves

Copper Leaves

Album: Modest Revolution
Key: F
Instruments: Guitar
Time Signature: 4/4
Guitar Tuning: DADGAD tuning



DADGAD, capo on 3rd fret 
These are largely the same chords as for Letters. All the chords that are of the form 5|5|5|4|0|0 can also be played as 5|5|0|4|0|0 (which Brian thinks might be what Trevor actually plays), with the bottom two strings held down with two separate fingers (details depending on how big your hand and your guitar's neck are) rather than barring properly. These chords are all given relative to the capo. 

Chords:
(D|A|D|G|A|D)
D:     0|0|0|2|0|0
Em:   2|2|x|0|0|0
F#m: 4|4|x|2|0|0
G:      5|5|5|4|0|0
A:      7|7|7|6|0|0
Bm:   9|9|x|7|0|0

intro:
D  G  D  G etc
oh . .

verse 1:
D         G                     D                   G
  we all abused you threw you on the tracks and stood with baited brain
D           G                  D            G
a simple thrill to kill the boredom of a wasted summer day
Em             G                  D
  now they're showing you the door


D  G  etc
oh . .

verse 2:
D                G                D
  one hundred years and fifteen more
              G                         D
these cold machines punched out your leaves
               G           D
though your aspirations soared
                G                   Em
the sidewalk would not take your seed
Em              G                 A
   now they're showing you the door


chorus 1:
G     D           A       Bm
  I think we'll find it hard
G     D           A       Bm
  I think we'll find it hard
G     D           A       Bm
  I think we'll find it hard
G     D           A           D
to walk without your rattling bones


verse 2 (same as 1):
the story broke a year ago
the nickle was the only one who screamed
"God save me from this fate"
oh darling I just can't believe
now they're showing you the door

chorus 2 (same except extra line of G, D, A, Bm):
I think we'll find it hard
I think we'll find it hard
I think we'll find it hard
to walk without your rattling bones
walk without your rattling bones

bridge:
Em            F#m               G
  we can't afford to keep the change
Em            F#m               G
  we can't afford to keep the change
Em            F#m               G
  we can't afford to keep the change
Em            F#m               G
  we can't afford to keep the change

repeat verse 1:
we all abused you threw you on the tracks and stood with baited brain
a simple thrill to kill the boredom of a wasted summer day
now they're showing you the door

chorus 3 (with a third extra line of G, D, A, Bm):
I think we'll find it hard
I think we'll find it hard
I think we'll find it hard
to walk without your rattling bones
walk without your rattling bones
walk without your rattling bones

Fiddle ending:
G D A D

No comments:

Post a Comment