Thursday, February 19, 2015

Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Album: Modest Revolution
Instruments: Guitar
Key: C
Guitar tuning: Standard tuning
Time Signature: 4/4



During the D/Dsus2 parts of the chorus, you can fiddle around with Dsus4 as well, I think. Also, the Cadd9 in the intro goes to Cmaj7 sometimes. 

Bm7:x|2|4|2|3|2
C9: x|3|2|0|3|3 (actually Cadd9)
Cmaj7: x|3|2|0|0|3
D:  x|x|0|2|3|2
D2: x|x|0|2|3|0 (Dsus2)
Dsus4: 2|0|0|2|3|4
D4: 2|0|0|2|3|3 (Dadd4)
Em7:0|2|2|0|3|3
Em9:0|2|4|0|0|0 (Emadd9)
G:  3|2|0|0|3|3
Am7:x|0|2|0|1|0
B7: x|2|1|2|0|2

Capo 5th fret

intro:
Bm7 Bm7 C9 C9
Bm7 Bm7 Em9 Em
Bm7 Bm7 Am7 D

Em7 D4 G
little wonder
C9   G D   D2
wide awake
Em7 D4 G
buried under
    C9   G       D   D2
the promises you make
Em7   D4 G
don't be worried
C9         B7    Em   D   C9
somebody's gotta take you home
B
remember

       C9
if you fall
          G
fall with grace
                      Bm7            Em9  Em
don't let 'em see the fear upon your face
       C9
if you break
          G
break the reins
                  Bm7                 C9
it's better up in lights than down in flames

(2nd and 3rd times:)
    Em     D      C9
and I will do the same

(repeat intro instrumental)

city soldier
tall and proud
find your pleasure
wherever you're allowed
underwater
someone's gotta take you home
keep you on your throne

chorus

solo (listen to get rhythm):
D D Em7 Em7
G G D     D
Am7 G C9

bastard brother
so far away
if I call you
I wonder what you'll say
little wonder
home is just a word to me now

chorus

intro instrumental + final G chord

No comments:

Post a Comment